This has to be the nicest banana cake/bread recipe ever! i learned it in cookery school and i still love to make it every now and again. Just a word of advice; use very ripe bananas because otherwise they’re really hard to mash and haven’t got that really nice taste. Believe me, i’ve made it quite a few times and it really makes a big difference. enjoy!
125g caster sugar
3 very ripe bananas
150g self-raising flour
half a teaspoon bread soda (sodium bicarbonate)
3 tablespoons milk
butter for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/Fan 160°C/ Gas mark 4.
2. Grease loaf tin generously with butter. Mash bananas. Dissolve bread soda in milk.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg well, then the bananas.
4. Sieve flour into mixture, fold in, and finally stir in the milk.
5. Spoon into tin and bake for 40 mins until golden brown. cool in tin for 5 mins and then carefully turn out onto wire tray and leave to cool thoroughly.